For permits closed prior to December 17, 2014, click here.
Your Community Development Team
In response to the Governor’s Stay Home, Save Lives executive order and for the protection of your staff and ours, the City’s Building Division is implementing a few temporary changes to our processes to continue to provide essential services to you and your clients.
- All commercial projects will need to be submitted electronically.
- One- and two-family projects will also need to be submitted electronically. In cases where that is not possible, plans will need to be mailed to the City at: 333 Broadalbin Street SW. Please note that this process will add an additional three days to our two-week plan review time to allow for quarantining once received.
- Generally, no inspections will occur in an occupied structure. Inspections of work in a critical facility (hospital or other medical offices) may occur through video inspections, on a case by case basis.
- Inspections will be limited to AM only with the following parameters:
- The space requiring inspection, or access to the area being inspected, needs to remain unoccupied from the night before through our inspection staff leaving in order to minimize exposure.
- Related work needs to be inspected together. For example, while we have three separate inspections in our system for storm, water, and sewer services, for the time being we need to have all those services installed at the time of inspection. Likewise, exterior shear wall nailing needs to be conducted during the framing inspection.
- Due to staff availability, we will be limiting the number of scheduled inspections in the day and may need to roll inspections over to another business day. At this time all inspection request will need to go through www.cityofalbany.net/inspections.
We understand these changes will impact your projects and we tried to develop safeguards that can allow us to continue to provide inspections while minimizing impacts to your projects.